We personally test CBD products and may earn a commission if you shop through the links on this page. Here’s how we make money.
CBD gummies are a great way to introduce CBD into your daily routine. Unfortunately, they’re not the cheapest products to buy.
While prices for CBD products are steadily falling, they can still leave a dent in your wallet. On top of that, many CBD gummies contain less CBD than advertised or are made with low-quality ingredients.
That’s why I compared over 20 CBD gummy products based on their effects, price, third-party lab test results, hemp quality, formula, customer reviews, and other criteria. Here are the best options I found & tested.
Table of Contents
- 4 Best Cheap CBD Gummies
- How I Chose Cheap CBD Gummies
- How to Compare The Prices of CBD Products
4 Best Cheap CBD Gummies
CBDfx sells the overall best affordable CBD gummies. But it depends on your goals, so we added multiple categories to help everyone choose the best option.
|$ per mg CBD
|CBDfx CBD gummies
|Lazarus Naturals CBD gummies
|Batch CBD gold reserve gummies
|Upstate Elevator deep calm gummies
- Hemp: cannabis variety with high CBD and low THC levels (no more than 0.3%).
- Terpenes: aromatic plant compounds with various beneficial properties (1).
- Minor cannabinoids: CBN, CBG, CBC, and other beneficial cannabinoids found in smaller amounts in hemp. They may work in synergy with CBD.
- Full-spectrum: whole-plant hemp extract containing multiple cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids. This form of CBD is about four times more potent than pure CBD (2).
- Broad-spectrum: whole-plant hemp extract similar to full-spectrum CBD, but with THC removed (may contain trace amounts).
- CBD isolate: pure CBD without any other hemp compounds.
CBDfx CBD Gummies (Best Overall)
|Cost per mg CBD
- Exceptionally low price
- Seven formulas
- Organic Kentucky hemp source
- Two strengths
- Low in minor cannabinoids
California’s CBDfx is a popular brand known for offering affordable, innovative products. Its CBD gummies are some of the cheapest on the market.
These vegan gummies are made with broad-spectrum CBD, which is free of THC but provides other beneficial cannabinoids. They’re made from organic Kentucky hemp and come in seven varieties:
- Gummies infused with turmeric and spirulina, two popular dietary supplements (recommended version)
- Regular mixed berry flavor gummies
- Sleep gummies infused with melatonin
- Gummies infused with apple cider vinegar
- Multivitamin gummies for men & women
- Mushroom wellness gummies
- Energy gummies with caffeine and brain nutrient phosphatidylserine
My experience: I tested the regular and spirulina gummies over two months. They tasted amazing (but not too sweet) and caused calming, relaxing effects for a few hours when I ate a bunch.
Lazarus Naturals CBD Gummies (Best Full-Spectrum)
|Cost per mg CBD
- Low price
- Five formulas
- Organic, high-quality Oregon hemp source
- No subscription program for discount
Lazarus’ gummies are some of the only proper full-spectrum CBD edibles you’ll find. In contrast, most gummies on the market are made with pure CBD isolate, which is less effective. Better yet, they come in five formulas with other additional ingredients:
- Immunity gummies with added zinc, elderberry, and vitamins
- Sleep gummies with added lemon balm, chamomile, and passion flower
- Calm gummies with added l-theanine and ashwagandha
- Energy gummies with 25 mg of pure CBD, caffeine, l-theanine, and vitamin B12
- CBD + THC gummies with 50 mg of full-spectrum CBD and 2 mg THC
They cost only 3-5 cents per mg, plus there’s free shipping on orders over $50 and an assistance program with a 60% discount.
The employee-owned Lazarus Naturals is known for offering high-quality CBD products at exceptionally low prices. Its CBD is sourced from USDA-certified organic hemp grown directly by Lazarus Naturals in Central Oregon.
My experience: I tried the sleep gummies, which had a delicious, natural mango taste. I took four pieces an hour before sleeping and they helped me feel more relaxed and ready for bed. I slept better and woke up rested.
Batch Gold Reserve Gummies (Strongest)
|Cost per mg
Use coupon code CBDTHINKER for 20% off
- Very high strength
- Full-spectrum CBD
- Free shipping over $75
- Only one flavor
These full-spectrum gummies are some of the strongest I’ve come across, making them an excellent pick for people needing a potent CBD dose. They combine 50 mg of CBD with 25 mg of cannabigerol (CBG) with a delicious tangerine flavor.
They’re made with vegan, all-natural, organic ingredients. Batch is a quality brand that uses Wisconsin-grown hemp.
My experience: My friend and I took one gummy in the evening and felt relaxed and uplifted after about an hour. I tried two pieces on other days and again felt relaxed for many hours. The gummies tasted delicious with a bit of a bitter aftertaste.
Upstate Elevator Supply Co. Deep Calm Gummies (Organic Ingredients)
|Cost per mg
Use coupon code cbdthinker15 for 15% off
- Mostly organic ingredients
- High strength
- Free shipping over $49.99
- Not full-spectrum (pure CBD+CBN)
The deep calm gummies from Vermont’s Upstate Elevator Supply Co. stand out for their high-quality ingredients. Everything except two ingredients in these gummies is organic. Better yet, the company’s products are sourced from their own USDA-certified organic hemp varieties.
These raspberry-flavored gummies combine 50 mg of CBD with 10 mg of CBN for a greater sense of relaxation.
Antonio’s experience: The raspberry flavor is pleasing, although it does have a slight hemp extract aftertaste. Taking two gummies an hour before bed over five days produced noticeable effects, although not overwhelmingly strong. These gummies may not be the most potent sleep aid, but they offer a gentle, natural way to relax and prepare for rest.
How I Chose Cheap CBD Gummies
The CBD gummies I reviewed provide the best combination of quality and price. When possible, I also included coupon codes for more savings.
While you may be able to find slightly cheaper gummies elsewhere, it’s unlikely they will match the quality. It’s better to pay slightly more for the peace of mind that you’re getting a reliable, effective product with the correct CBD levels.
If you want to buy safe, effective, high-quality CBD gummies at an affordable price, there are several factors to keep in mind. Here’s what I look at:
- Price: I look for affordable gummies that maintain a high level of quality.
- Third-party testing: these tests prove that CBD products are free of contaminants and contain the advertised amount of CBD.
- Formula: I consider the type of CBD used and additional ingredients.
- Hemp source: high-quality CBD products are made from organic hemp grown in the United States or Europe.
- Reputation: leading CBD companies have positive customer reviews and a strong reputation.
- Potency: I don’t recommend products that contain too little CBD to give you an effect.
Keep reading for a detailed explanation.
Look for Third-Party Tested Brands
Third-party tests are necessary to confirm the safety and potency of CBD products. They’re the only way to protect yourself from low-quality products with little to no CBD.
Performed by an independent lab, these tests check whether a product contains as much CBD as advertised. They can also check for pesticides, heavy metals, and other contaminants.
These days, it’s expected for any professional and committed brand to use third-party testing and post the test results directly on its website. If these test results are not available, that’s a major red flag.
Check the Hemp Source
Since CBD is extracted from hemp, how and where this hemp is grown is also important.
High-quality CBD products are made from organic American hemp grown in Colorado, Kentucky, Oregon, and some other states. Hemp can also be sourced from Europe, which has a long history of hemp cultivation.
You should only buy from transparent companies that explain how their hemp is grown. It’s even better if the company grows its hemp directly instead of buying it from other producers or uses USDA-certified organic hemp.
Type of CBD
As I noted earlier, there are three types of CBD: isolate, full, and broad-spectrum.
Research suggests that whole-plant cannabis preparations, such as full-spectrum CBD extract, are more effective than isolated CBD (1).
If you want to get the most out of CBD gummies, you should look for full-spectrum or at least broad-spectrum products.
For gummies, potency means the amount of CBD in milligrams (mg) per piece. Generally speaking, CBD products have three potency levels:
- Low: 10-20 mg/ml
- Medium: 20-40 mg/ml
- High: 40+ mg/ml
You should choose the potency that best suits your needs. If you’re new, start with a low dose and increase it slowly over time until you achieve the desired effects.
Also, keep in mind that gummies are weaker than CBD oil because CBD has low oral absorption, so you’ll likely need to take larger doses to feel the same effects (3).
You should also consider the reputation of CBD companies. The brands I recommend have hundreds of positive customer reviews to help confirm that you’re getting effective products and good customer service.
They’re also transparent about their hemp source, third-party testing results, the people behind the company, and provide other helpful information to build trust with customers.
How to Compare The Prices of CBD Products
Price is an important concern when it comes to CBD products, but how do you know if you’re getting a good deal?
The best and easiest way is to figure out how much a product costs per mg of CBD. This allows you to easily tell if you’re paying a low, average, or high price. It also helps compare products from different brands.
To get this number, simply take the total amount of CBD listed on the product label/description and divide it by the total cost.
For example, a $100 bottle of gummies with 1000 mg of CBD total costs 100/1000 = $0.10 per mg. Knowing this cost helps you spot good deals and choose between different products.
How to Save More on CBD Gummies
In addition to choosing an affordable product, there are other ways to save money on CBD products.
For starters, you should always check for coupon codes, subscription deals, and free shipping.
In addition, it’s almost always better to buy a product with a higher total amount of CBD or even a multi-pack because you’ll end up paying less per mg and have a longer-lasting supply.
How Much Do CBD Gummies Cost?
It’s helpful to know the rough prices for CBD gummies when choosing products. Generally speaking:
- $0.02–0.07 per mg is considered low
- $0.8–0.111 per mg is considered average
- $0.12+ per mg is considered expensive
- Russo, Ethan B. “Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid‐terpenoid entourage effects.” British journal of pharmacology 163.7 (2011): 1344-1364.
- Pamplona, Fabricio A., Lorenzo Rolim da Silva, and Ana Carolina Coan. “Potential clinical benefits of CBD-rich cannabis extracts over purified CBD in treatment-resistant epilepsy: observational data meta-analysis.” Frontiers in neurology 9 (2018): 759.
- Millar, Sophie Anne, et al. “Towards better delivery of cannabidiol (CBD).” Pharmaceuticals 13.9 (2020): 219.
Gleb is a freelance writer from Vancouver, Canada specializing in CBD and cannabis. He’s read thousands of studies on CBD and other supplements, helping him translate complex science into plain language. Gleb has tried and reviewed dozens of CBD brands and products, written third-party testing reports, and knows the CBD industry inside and out. When not writing, he likes to kickbox, travel, and tell everyone how awesome intermittent fasting is.