CBDThinker is a science-based resource for everything related to cannabidiol (CBD).
You’ll find educational articles, product and company reviews, answers to common questions about CBD, and more. We take the research and science behind CBD and break it down into simple, easy-to-understand language. Our goal is to:
- Educate people about CBD and cannabis as a whole
- Counteract the misinformation in the CBD industry
- Help people make educated decisions when buying and using CBD and other hemp-derived cannabinoid products
Any information that has an impact on your health deserves the utmost scrutiny.
That’s why the content on our site is based on published scientific studies, thorough research, and personal experiences with CBD. Learn more about our content creation process.
We hope this website supports your journey of using CBD and other hemp cannabinoids to better your health. If you have any questions related to CBD, feel free to send us a message.
Our website is reader-supported; here’s how we make money.
What Makes CBDThinker Different
There are three things that set us apart from most CBD review sites:
- We know our stuff. Our articles are written by CBD experts that have tried dozens of products and know how the industry works. Many other sites simply recommend whatever brands give the best affiliate commissions and don’t know much about CBD and cannabis.
- We rely on scientific evidence. Our content is based on published medical research on CBD, other cannabinoids, and other compounds. We give you the most evidence-based information and cite research studies throughout our articles. We also have doctors and pharmacists review our content for accuracy.
- We’re CBD users just like you. We’ve been using CBD products for years and are always trying different ones to find the best options. The brands and products we recommend are those that we found the most helpful and affordable.
Meet the Team Behind CBDThinker
Gleb Oleinik, Founder & Chief Editor
- Bachelor of Arts with Double Major in History and Geography
- Freelance writer & editor with 10+ years of experience
- CBD expert who specializes in cannabis and other natural supplements
Gleb is the founder and chief editor for CBDThinker. He’s a freelance CBD & cannabis writer from Vancouver, Canada.
Gleb has read thousands of research studies about CBD, cannabinoids, and other supplements, tried dozens of CBD products, and knows the CBD industry inside and out. He’s also written third-party testing reports about the quality of CBD products.
Gleb has worked with CBD brands, cannabis websites, magazines, and CBD review sites, including Cannigma, Daily CBD, Leafreport, CBDNerds, and AmericanMarijuana.
He first tried CBD oil in 2017 and was immediately impressed by its calming effects. He regularly uses CBD products to help with sleep, workout recovery, and overall wellness.
Gleb created CBDThinker to share everything he’s learned about this beneficial natural compound. His goal is to educate people about what CBD can (and can’t) do and help them choose the right, high-quality product that best suits their needs.
Gleb enjoys hiking, traveling, kickboxing, and converting people to intermittent fasting.
Medical Review Team
Abraham Benavides, MD, Medical Reviewer
- Doctor of Medicine with a certificate in health policy
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology
- Founder of CANMIG, which trains physicians on cannabis
Abraham is a cannabis medical reviewer, author, and resident Family Physician based in Seattle, WA. He is an alum and full-tuition merit scholar of the George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences.
Abraham is a consultant and scientific advisor for cannabis-related companies both domestic and abroad including Veriheal, Joy Organics, Nature & Bloom, CBD Clinicals, Bloom & Oil, and Daily CBD.
In 2016, Abraham started the Cannabis as Medicine Interest Group — the first of its kind at a US medical school. CANMIG provides doctors-in-training with expert teachings from cannabis researchers and clinicians.
Abraham is the lead author of CANMIG’s research publication promoting cannabis education in medical school. He was inspired by the memory of his great-grandmother who practiced tropical medicine in rural Costa Rica.
During medical school, he also earned a Health Policy Track Certificate by interning at the National Hispanic Medical Association in Washington, D.C. where he advocated for the advancement of Hispanic public health and the interests of 50,000 U.S. Hispanic physicians.
Abraham enjoys hiking, fishing, and camping with his wife and adventurous pug. They also enjoy visiting his family in Costa Rica and San Diego and going snorkeling on the beach. He is also passionate about cryptocurrency investing.
Andres Maldonado, MD, Medical Reviewer
- Doctor of Medicine
- Clinical researcher
- Medical writer
Dr. Maldonado is a doctor and clinical researcher from Maracaibo, Venezuela. He graduated as a Doctor of Medicine from the University of Zulia in 2019, one of the top public universities in the country.
Dr. Maldonado is experienced in the field of primary care and medical research, with multiple publications in scholarly journals. He conducts studies in the field of bariatric and metabolic surgery.
A bilingual Spanish and English speaker, Dr. Maldonado contributes articles and reviews medical content for health-related websites. His job at CBDThinker is to review and fact-check articles for medical accuracy.
Saira Zulfiqar, PharmD, Medical Reviewer
- Doctor of Pharmacy
- CBD Expert
- Medical writer
Saira is a clinical pharmacist with over 15 years of experience. She graduated in 2008 with a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree from the University of Punjab, the top-ranking and oldest university in Pakistan.
Saira is a drug, CBD, and rehab expert. She works as a CBD consultant for kannavisitrade, which advises companies in the hemp and medical cannabis industry.
Saira is also a medical & scientific writer who crafts top-notch content (reviews, articles, guides, blogs) for biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and supplement companies.
In her free time, she likes to read, watch wildlife documentaries, and go on long silent walks in the woods.