CBDThinker’s content is written by experienced writers knowledgeable about CBD/cannabis and fact-checked by medical doctors and pharmacists.
Our articles are based on peer-reviewed research papers, personal experiences with CBD products, and a deep understanding of the CBD industry. We also make sure to constantly update our content to keep it accurate and relevant.
CBDThinker’s mission is to demystify CBD and bring transparency to the industry. We want to give you the facts needed to understand the confusing world of CBD.
Product Selection Process
Our writers have personally used CBD products from dozens of brands. They know what it takes to make a high-quality CBD product and give honest reviews.
Here are the main factors we consider to find the best CBD products:
- Third-party test results (to verify the CBD content and lack of contaminants)
- Type of CBD (to get the best effects)
- Product potency (to get the best effects)
- Formula (for specific benefits)
- Hemp quality (to get a high-quality product)
- Company reputation (to verify the company can be trusted)
- Price (to get a good deal)
Using these criteria, we also give products a rating out of 5.
Company Review Rating Criteria
When we review CBD brands, we give them an objective score out of 5 in five separate areas:
- Product Lineup: How extensive is the company’s product lineup? Does it provide all of the popular product categories (oils, capsules, topicals, gummies, etc.) with multiple strength, formula, and/or flavor options?
- Price & Value: We compare the company’s product prices ($ per mg of CBD) with what’s considered average for the industry. We also consider free shipping deals, assistance programs, and other ways to save.
- Hemp Quality: How and where is the company’s hemp grown? Is it certified organic? Does the company do everything in-house?
- Third-Party Testing: Does the company send its products for independant potency and contaminant testing and provide up-to-date test results on its website? Do the test results match the advertised levels of CBD and other cannabinoids?
- Customer Service & Reputation: Does the company have positive customer reviews? What’s its overall reputation in the industry? Does it have good customer service?
We list the score with a short explanation in every CBD brand review. The combined ratings are divided by 5 to arrive at the brand’s overall rating.
Sources and References
The bulk of our content is based on published scientific research on CBD, cannabinoids, and cannabis. Our writers have read thousands of these peer-reviewed research studies and review papers.
You’ll find numbered links (in brackets) and references to research papers in most of our articles. Most of them are published in the Pubmed.gov database, which holds more than 32 million research papers published by various scientific journals.
Keep in mind that we actually read the full research papers, not just the abstract. We use this information to cite key facts and give you the most accurate information about CBD, cannabinoids, terpenes, and other key topics.
We also cite government health websites, reputable newspapers, and other trusted sources.
Our Medical Review Process
Our content is not just written by qualified writers but also reviewed by medical doctors and other healthcare professionals versed in cannabis. They bring many years of medical experience from private practice, clinical research, and professional organizations dedicated to a variety of medical disciplines.
Their medical reviews ensure that we provide the most up-to-date, accurate information possible, and support all of our content with research citations.
You can see who reviewed each article in the top right part of the page.