Our content is written by experienced writers knowledgeable about CBD/cannabis and reviewed by medical doctors and pharmacists.
The articles are based on peer-reviewed research papers, personal experiences with CBD products, and a deep understanding of the CBD industry. We also constantly update our content to keep it accurate and relevant.
CBDThinker’s mission is to demystify CBD and bring transparency to the industry. We want to give you the facts needed to understand the confusing world of CBD.
Product Selection & Review
Our team has used hundreds of CBD products. We know what it takes to make high-quality CBD and always give honest reviews.
When we recommend CBD products for specific goals (be it CBD oils, cheap CBD gummies, or anything else), we start with a list of the best products we’ve personally tried. Next, we narrow it down to the best 5-10 options broken down into helpful categories, like the strongest product, the most affordable one, the best THC-free one, and more.
Here are the main criteria we consider to choose the best CBD products:
- Third-party test results (to verify the CBD content and lack of contaminants)
- Type of CBD (to get the best effects)
- Product potency (to get the best effects)
- Formula (for specific benefits)
- Hemp quality (to get a high-quality product)
- Company reputation (to verify the company can be trusted)
- Price (to get a good deal)
Using these criteria, we give each product a rating out of 5.
Company Review Process
When we review CBD brands, we either buy their products or receive samples to try out. We give each brand an unbiased score out of 5 in five separate areas:
- Product Lineup: How effective are the company’s products? Does it provide all of the popular categories (oils, capsules, topicals, gummies, etc.) with multiple strength, formula, and/or flavor options?
- Price & Value: We compare the company’s product prices ($ per mg of CBD) with what’s considered average for the industry. We also consider free shipping deals, assistance programs, and other ways to save.
- Hemp Quality: How and where is the company’s hemp grown? Is it certified organic? Does the company do everything in-house?
- Third-Party Testing: Does the company send its products for independent potency and contaminant testing and provide up-to-date test results on its website? Do the test results match the advertised levels of CBD and other cannabinoids?
- Customer Service & Reputation: Does the company have positive customer reviews? What’s its overall reputation in the industry? Does it have good customer service?
We list the score with a short explanation in every CBD brand review so you know exactly how we calculated it. The combined ratings are divided by 5 to arrive at the company’s overall rating.
Sources and References
The bulk of our content is based on published scientific research on CBD, cannabinoids, and cannabis. Our writers have read thousands of these peer-reviewed research studies and review papers.
You’ll find numbered links (in brackets) and references to research papers in most of our articles. Most of them are published in the Pubmed.gov database, which holds more than 32 million research papers published by various scientific journals.
Keep in mind that we actually read the full research papers, not just the abstract. We use this information to cite key facts and give you the most accurate information about CBD, cannabinoids, terpenes, and other key topics.
We also cite government health websites, reputable newspapers, and other trusted sources (with a text link instead of a numbered one).
Content Medical Review
Our content is not just written by qualified writers but also reviewed by medical doctors and other healthcare professionals versed in cannabis. They bring many years of medical experience from private practice, clinical research, and professional organizations dedicated to various medical disciplines.
Their medical reviews ensure that we provide the most up-to-date, accurate information possible, and support all of our content with research citations.
You can see who reviewed each article in the top right part of the page.