I thoroughly review CBD products and may earn a commission if you shop through the links on this page. Learn more.
You may have noticed some brands beginning to offer CBD gummies with mushrooms. Combining the two is a no-brainer since they have a myriad of complementary health benefits.
But these products are still relatively new, and many are overpriced or contain too few active ingredients.
That’s why I set out to find the best CBD mushroom gummies on the market based on their ingredients, third-party test results, price, and other criteria. I reviewed the top three picks below.
Table of Contents
The Hemplucid mushroom CBD gummies get my top pick. They come in three multi-ingredient formulas for specific goals: sleep, focus, and stress.
- Best Overall: Hemplucid Mushroom Gummies | Skip to review
- Best Value: CBDfx CBD Gummies With Mushrooms | Skip to review
- Best for Creativity: Hometown Hero Amanita Muscaria Gummies | Skip to review
- Hemp: cannabis variety with high CBD and low THC levels (no more than 0.3%).
- Terpenes: aromatic plant compounds with various beneficial properties (1).
- Minor cannabinoids: CBN, CBG, CBC, and other beneficial cannabinoids found in smaller amounts in hemp. They may work in synergy with CBD.
- Full-spectrum: whole-plant hemp extract containing multiple cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids. This form of CBD is about four times more potent than pure CBD (2).
- Broad-spectrum: whole-plant hemp extract similar to full-spectrum CBD, but with THC removed (may contain trace amounts).
- CBD isolate: pure CBD without any other hemp compounds.
Best Overall: Hemplucid Stress Mushroom Gummies
- Full-spectrum CBD
- Three formulas
- Free shipping over $69
- Third-party tests only available after purchasing
My top pick for CBD mushroom gummies goes to Hemplucid. What makes these gummies the best is that they’re available in three formulas:
- Stress, with 25 mg of CBD, reishi and cordyceps mushrooms, the adaptogenic herb ashwagandha, and calming supplement GABA
- Sleep, with 30 mg CBD, 15 mg of cannabinol (CBN), reishi mushroom, and calming herbs lemon balm and valerian
- Focus, with 5 mg CBD, 15 mg cannabigerol (CBG), Lion’s mane mushroom, l-tyrosine, l-theanine, and caffeine
Better yet, these gummies are made with full-spectrum hemp extract, making them superior to products containing only CBD. They’re vegan-friendly and contain natural colors and flavors.
Utah’s Hemplucid was founded in 2016 by a close group of wellness-minded friends. Its products are sourced from USDA-certified organic hemp cultivated in sunny Colorado.
Best Value: CBDfx CBD Gummies With Mushrooms
|CBD Potency||25 mg|
|Total CBD||1500 mg|
|Cost per mg||$0.04|
|Third-Party Tests||View report|
Use coupon code FXSAVINGS15 for 15% off
- Low price
- Free shipping over $75
- Relatively small amounts of mushroom extract
- Low in minor cannabinoids
If you’re looking for the best bang for your buck or want a supplement for general wellness, I recommend CBDfx’s mushroom gummies.
These THC-free gummies combine 25 mg of CBD with all the popular wellness mushrooms: chaga, cordyceps, Lion’s mane, reishi, maitake, turkey tail, and shiitake. This way, you get a good mix of functional ingredients to support your overall health. These vegan gummies and made with natural color and flavor.
One of the best-known brands in the CBD industry, CBDfx stands out for its innovative, multi-ingredient formulas.
Best for Creativity: Hometown Hero Amanita Muscaria Gummies
|CBD Potency||25 mg|
|Total CBD||100 mg|
|Cost per mg CBD||$0.25|
|Third-Party Tests||View report|
Use coupon code CBDTHINKER for 10% off
- Unique formula
- Free shipping
- Ethical company
- Only four gummies per pack
These are the most unique CBD gummies I’ve come across. They contain Amanita muscaria, a mushroom with psychotropic effects that’s been used by Siberian shamans for centuries (1).
There’s also Lion’s mane mushroom, the adaptogen holy basil, and 25 mg of CBD. This unique blend is designed to boost creativity and mental well-being. The gummies are made with vegan ingredients and natural flavors and colors.
Texas’ Hometown Hero is one of the most transparent CBD and delta-8 THC vendors on the market. The company donates to veterans organizations and fights to keep delta-8 legal in the state.
Antonio’s experience: The recommended serving for first-timers is a quarter of one gummy. Having incorporated Lion’s Mane into my daily regimen, I decided to consume a full gummy at a time. I took them during the daytime before research and writing sessions, and they fostered a sense of focus, clarity, and creativity, accompanied by a mild energy boost.
Some sensory effects were reminiscent to microdosing psilocybin – lights and colors seemed brighter, and a calming sense of peace reduced my anxiety levels. While I’d prefer a reduction in sugar content, these gummies made a positive impression overall. They tasted decent, the effects were beneficial, and I would eat them again.
Choosing CBD Mushroom Gummies
To find the best CBD gummies with mushrooms, I considered the following factors:
- Formula (Which mushrooms and in what amounts are included)
- Third-party testing (to verify the CBD content and purity)
- Type of CBD (favoring full & broad-spectrum CBD for the best effects)
- CBD & Mushroom Potency (to ensure the dose is high enough to feel the benefits)
- Hemp source (to get a high-quality product)
- Company reputation (to verify the company can be trusted)
- Price (to get a good deal)
What are CBD Mushroom Gummies?
CBD gummies with mushrooms combine the benefits of these two natural wellness ingredients in a tasty, convenient form.
Medicinal mushrooms are some of the most popular dietary supplements and are used for a wide variety of health benefits, including boosting the immune system, improving cognitive function, and supporting overall wellness. Since CBD offers many of the same wide-ranging benefits, it makes sense to combine the two.
Common medicinal mushrooms include:
- Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum): Known as the “mushroom of immortality,” reishi is used for boosting the immune system and reducing stress.
- Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceus): This mushroom is often used for its potential brain benefits.
- Chaga (Inonotus obliquus): Chaga is rich in antioxidants and is used for boosting the immune system and overall health.
- Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis): Cordyceps is often used for enhancing athletic performance and supporting energy levels.
- Shiitake (Lentinula edodes): Shiitake mushroom is mainly used for its immune-boosting and heart health benefits.
- Maitake (Grifola frondosa): Maitake is often used for its potential to support immune health and regulate blood sugar levels.
- Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor): Turkey tail is known for its immune-boosting properties and is often used in cancer treatment support.
A Note on Psychedelic Mushrooms
There are also psychedelic or so-called “magic” mushrooms which can cause cognitive effects. Although these mostly refer to mushrooms containing the psychedelic compound psilocybin, there are other compounds as well, such as the alkaloids found in Amanita muscaria.
Since amanita is legal in most states and doesn’t have the powerful effects of psilocybin, it can be added to CBD products (like the one we reviewed above).
- Enhanced Cognitive Function: Combining CBD and certain medicinal mushrooms like lion’s mane may protect the brain and support cognitive function.
- Immune System Support: Many medicinal mushrooms are known for their immune-boosting properties. Although CBD is more of an immune system suppressant, it’s still a good pairing for mushrooms because it can help reduce inflammation and other overactive immune processes (4).
- Anxiety, Stress, & Depression Relief: CBD is perhaps best known for lowering anxiety and anti-stress and antidepressant effects. Certain mushrooms, such as reishi and Lion’s mane, have similar effects.
- Improved Sleep: CBD may also help with sleep issues (5). Certain mushrooms, like reishi, may also promote better sleep (6).
- Enhanced Energy Levels: Some mushrooms, like cordyceps, are known for their energy-boosting properties. Although CBD doesn’t boost energy, it can help by supporting overall health and counteracting anxiety, a common side effect of caffeine and other energy-boosting ingredients used in some CBD products.
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects: Both CBD and certain medicinal mushrooms have anti-inflammatory properties, which may help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Antioxidant Properties: CBD and many medicinal mushrooms have antioxidant effects, which can help protect the body from damage by free radicals.
This isn’t a complete list, as both CBD and medicinal mushrooms are known to have a wide array of biological effects. Also, keep in mind that these are potential benefits. Everyone’s body reacts differently to supplements based on gender, genetics, weight, and other factors.
How to Use
CBD gummies with mushrooms are pretty easy to use. The two primary considerations are when and how much to take. Generally speaking, the best approach is to take the gummies daily. For example, if you’re taking the gummies for sleep, you’d take them before bed.
Meanwhile, someone using CBD mushroom gummies for overall well-being might take them once in the morning and once in the evening. Or if you’re taking the gummies for focus, you might take them as needed.
As for dosage, everyone’s CBD requirements differ based on factors like weight, gender, genetics, and the type of product you’re taking. Similarly, the proper dosage of mushrooms can vary.
As such, you should start with the amount recommended by your product. Then, slowly work your dose up until you begin to experience the desired effects. This way, you can find the optimal amount for your needs.
CBD and medicinal mushrooms are considered safe and widely available as dietary supplements. Still, they do come with some potential side effects.
The most common adverse effects of CBD reported by research studies include: (7)
- Dry mouth
Meanwhile, according to a 2021 research paper, “the safety of mushrooms seems high, with few adverse effects (mainly gastrointestinal or skin reactions) easily reversible with the interruption of treatment” (8).
Both CBD and mushrooms can also interact with certain medications. That’s why it’s essential to talk to your doctor if you’re taking any prescription drugs.
Still, you’re unlikely to experience any side effects because most research studies use much larger doses of CBD and mushrooms than those available in commercial products.
- Lee, M. R., E. Dukan, and I. Milne. “Amanita muscaria (fly agaric): From a shamanistic hallucinogen to the search for acetylcholine.” Journal of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh 48.1 (2018): 85-91.
- Venturella, Giuseppe, et al. “Medicinal mushrooms: bioactive compounds, use, and clinical trials.” International journal of molecular sciences 22.2 (2021): 634.
- Peng, Jiangling, et al. “A narrative review of molecular mechanism and therapeutic effect of cannabidiol (CBD).” Basic & Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology 130.4 (2022): 439-456.
- Nichols, James M., and Barbara LF Kaplan. “Immune responses regulated by cannabidiol.” Cannabis and cannabinoid research 5.1 (2020): 12-31.
- Saleska, Jessica Londeree, et al. “The Safety and Comparative Effectiveness of Non-Psychoactive Cannabinoid Formulations for the Improvement of Sleep: A Double-Blinded, Randomized Controlled Trial.” Journal of the American Nutrition Association (2023): 1-11.
- Qiu, Yu, et al. “Exploration of the anti-insomnia mechanism of Ganoderma by central-peripheral multi-level interaction network analysis.” BMC microbiology 21 (2021): 1-16.
- Madeo, Graziella, et al. “Update on Cannabidiol Clinical Toxicity and Adverse Effects: a Systematic Review.” Current Neuropharmacology (2023).
- Rizzo, Gianluca, et al. “A review of mushrooms in human nutrition and health.” Trends in Food Science & Technology 117 (2021): 60-73.
Gleb is a freelance writer from Vancouver, Canada specializing in CBD and cannabis. He’s read thousands of studies on CBD and other supplements, helping him translate complex science into plain language. Gleb has tried and reviewed dozens of CBD brands and products, written third-party testing reports, and knows the CBD industry inside and out. When not writing, he likes to kickbox, travel, and tell everyone how awesome intermittent fasting is.