Review Summary (☆☆☆3.2/5)
Funky Farms is a Florida-based CBD brand offering CBD oil, capsules, gummies, and vape products. It’s best known for its affordable vape juice and cartridges, which are formulated with whole-plant hemp extract.
Funky Farms sources its CBD from farms in northern Oregon and has all of its products comprehensively tested by a third-party lab so you can confirm their potency and safety.
The company is relatively small and new, so it’s not that widely recognized.
Bottom line: Funky Farms may not be a top-tier brand but it’s a decent option if you’re looking for affordable, pleasant-tasting CBD vape juice, cartridges, or pens.
- Multiple CBD product types
- All three types of CBD extract (full & broad-spectrum & isolate) available
- Comprehensive third-party testing
- Multiple strengths and flavors
- Affordable vape products formulated with whole-plant extract rather than pure CBD
- Some third-party tests for CBD tinctures show low levels of the pesticide spiromesifen
- Not clear if the hemp is organic or not
- No topical products
- Website not as polished as leading CBD brands
Product Lineup 4/5
Funky Farms offers the most popular type of CBD products in multiple formulations, flavors, and strengths. However, it loses a point for not having topical products and THC-free options for their tinctures.
Hemp Quality 3/5
Funky Farms uses Oregon hemp to make its CBD products. However, the company loses points for not clearly stating whether this hemp is organic and not having USDA organic certification.
Third-Party Testing 2/5
The company offers detailed third-party CBD lab reports for both potency and contaminants which prove that its products contain as much CBD as claimed. Still, it loses points because a few reports show the presence of small amounts of spiromesifen, a common pesticide.
Funky Farms offers excellent low prices for its vape products but its other categories offer an average price point.
Customer Service & Reputation 3/5
Funky Farms is a relatively new CBD brand so it doesn’t have a strong reputation. Still, there aren’t any reports of poor service, shipping problems, or ineffective products, and most customers are happy with its offerings.
Total ☆☆☆ 3.2/5
Table of Contents
About the Company: Funky Farms
Florida’s Funky Farms is a relative newcomer to the CBD industry. The company offers a complete lineup of CBD products, including oils, softgel capsules, gummies, topicals, and vape products.
Funky Farms’ products are sourced from organic hemp cultivated in northern Oregon and comprehensively third-party tested by Green Scientific Labs to check their potency and safety.
Funky Farms is most popular for its CBD vape juices and cartridges, which are available in multiple flavors and potencies.
Unlike most brands, they formulate their vape products with whole-plant hemp extract (full and broad-spectrum), which offers greater benefits thanks to the entourage effect (1).
- Hemp: a non-intoxicating variety of cannabis with low THC levels (0.3% or less).
- Full-spectrum: A whole-plant extract containing CBD, THC, and all other beneficial hemp cannabinoids and terpenes. This is considered the most effective form of CBD.
- Broad-spectrum: A whole-plant hemp extract similar to full-spectrum, but with THC removed.
- CBD isolate: Pure CBD with all other hemp compounds removed.
Funky Farms Product Lineup
Funky Farms offers CBD tinctures, softgels, gummies, topicals, and vape products in all three types of CBD formulations: full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and isolate. It also sells a CBD vape battery compatible with its cartridges.
Here’s a closer look at the Funky Farms product lineup:
- CBD Oil: Full-spectrum CBD oil tinctures with four strength options ranging from 8 to 67 mg/ml. Come in 30 ml bottles with a total of 250–2000 mg of CBD dissolved in coconut MCT oil. Available in three pleasant flavors: Alaskan Ice, Lemon Limon, and Orange Dream.
- CBD Softgel Caps: Full-spectrum CBD gelatin softgel capsules. Available in regular (25 mg) and high (50 mg) strengths with one or 30 softgels per pack.
- CBD Gummies: Vegan-friendly gummies made out of pectin (plant ingredient), corn syrup, sugar, and some other natural ingredients. Provide 10 mg of pure, THC-free CBD per gummy with 5 pieces per pack and come in delicious watermelon, grape, and tropical fruit flavors. Also available in 10-pack version.
- CBD Vape Juice: CBD vape e-liquids with four potencies ranging from 17 to 100 mg/ml. Come in 15 ml bottles with 250—1500 mg of CBD dissolved in a 50/50 blend of VG/PG and four tasty flavors: blueberry gelato, peach tangie, apple jack pear, and mango sherbert. Unlike most companies, Funky Farms uses full-spectrum hemp extract for its vape products, which is more effective than pure CBD isolate.
- CBD Vape Cartridges: Full-spectrum CBD vape cartridges containing 1 ml of liquid and 350 mg of CBD each. These potent cartridges come in five pleasant flavors: chocolate mint, frosty watermelon, gelato, granddaddy purple, and lemon cake. You can also buy them in packs of 9. Made with CCel atomizer technology.
- Reserve Line CBD Cartridges: These 510-thread compatible cartridges use THC-free broad-spectrum extract instead of full spectrum. They contain 600 mg of cannabinoids (mostly CBD) in 1 ml of liquid, making them even more potent than Funky Farms’ regular carts. Available in natural, pineapple express, granddaddy purple, and blue dream flavors.
- CBD Vape Pens: Disposable, ready-to-go vape pens with the same broad-spectrum CBD extract and flavor options as the Reserve Line carts. Contain 200 mg of cannabinoids.
Funky Farms CBD Product Details
|Product Name||CBD Potency||Volume/Count||Total CBD||CBD Type||Cost per mg CBD||Flavors|
|Funky FarmsCBD Oil Tincture||7–67 mg/ml (low-high)||30 ml||250–2000 mg||Full spectrum||$0.06–0.10||Alaskan Ice, Lemon Limon, Orange Dream|
|Funky Farms Softgel Capsules||25 or 50 mg/ml (medium or high)||1 or 30||50–1500 mg||Full spectrum||$0.04–0.10||N/A|
|Funky Farms CBD Gummies||10 mg (low)||5-50||50–500 mg||Isolate||$0.20||Watermelon, tropical fruit, grape|
|Funky Farms CBD Vape Juice||17–100 mg/ml (medium-high)||15 ml||250–1500 mg||Full spectrum||$0.03–0.05||blueberry gelato, peach tangie, apple jack pear, mango sherbert|
|Funky Farms CBD Vape Cartridges||350 mg/ml (high)||1 ml||350 mg||Full spectrum||$0.09||chocolate mint, frosty watermelon, gelato, granddaddy purple, lemon cake|
|Funky Farms Reserve Line Vape Cartridges||600 mg mg/ml (high)||1 ml||600 mg (~500 mg CBD)||Broad spectrum||$0.10||natural, pineapple express, granddaddy purple, blue dream|
|Funky Farms CBD Vape Pens||200 mg/ml (high)||0.33 ml||200 mg||Broad spectrum||$0.17||natural, pineapple express, granddaddy purple, blue dream|
Broken down by the price per mg of CBD, Funky Farms products cost:
- $0.06–0.10 per mg for CBD oil
- $0.04–0.10 for softgel capsules
- $0.20 for gummies
- $0.03–0.05 for vape juice
- $0.09–0.10 for vape cartridges
- $0.17 for disposable vape pens
Relative to other CBD products on the market, these prices are considered low for vape products and about average for tinctures, capsules, and gummies. As is the case with most companies, you get a lower per-mg price when buying the larger product size.
All in all, Funky Farms provides great value for CBD vape products, which is why most people choose this brand for vape juice and cartridges.
Hemp Source and Extraction Process
According to Funky Farms, its CBD is derived from licensed hemp farmers in northern Oregon. Although Oregon is one of the better places to source hemp in the United States, The company doesn’t make it clear whether this hemp is grown organically or not.
As for the CBD extraction process, Funky Farms appears to use carbon dioxide (CO2), the preferred method of most companies. This mild extraction method is a safe and efficient way to isolate CBD extracts from hemp plants.
Funky Farms sends its CBD products for testing to Green Scientific Labs, a third-party testing laboratory located in Florida.
They’re extensively tested for their potency (levels of CBD and other cannabinoids) as well as contaminants (pesticides, heavy metals, and residual solvents). The results of these tests are directly available on Funky Farms’ website for everyone to see.
We examined the tests and found that on average, Funky Farms products contain slightly more CBD than stated on the label, which is good. For example, the 1000 mg CBD oil showed 1016 mg of CBD on third-party tests.
All in all, the levels of CBD in Funky Farms’ products are well within the 10% cannabinoid content variance recommended by cannabis industry experts (2).
However, we did notice that several third-party contaminant tests for Funky Farms’ CBD oils detected a small amount of spiromesifen, a known insecticide.
Although this compound is not considered carcinogenic and present in relatively small quantities, this certainly is not good. Obviously, we’d like CBD products to be completely free of all contaminants.
Shipping and Customer Service
Funky Farms ships to all U.S. states except for Massachusetts or Louisiana (due to their special CBD regulations).
It offers a standard 30-day return policy with a full refund (minus shipping costs) for unused items.
The company’s customer service team is easy to reach via contact form and email.
Our Verdict: Funky Farms is a Decent Option for CBD Vape Products
Funky Farms is not the best CBD company out there. Still, it’s a solid pick if you’re looking for affordable CBD vape juice, cartridges, or disposable vape pens.
We’re especially big fans of their choice to offer full-spectrum and broad-spectrum formulations for their vape products. Most companies formulate their vape offerings with pure CBD isolate, which is less effective because it lacks the cannabis entourage effect.
It also gets points for transparency, providing comprehensive third-party certificates of analysis (CoAs) and clearly stating that its hemp is grown in Oregon and extracted with CO2.
Still, Funky Farms has some room to improve. The biggest thing is the presence of a small amount of the pesticide spiromesifen on some of its CBD oil third-party lab test reports. That’s part of the reason why we recommend choosing their vape products instead.
It would also be nice to know if the company’s hemp source is organic or not since Funky Farms doesn’t state this clearly.
Overall, however, Funky Farms is a decent CBD company and we recommend them if you’re looking for affordable CBD vape products.
Email: [email protected]