California’s Zebra CBD is a small CBD brand offering a wide variety of products at affordable prices. It sources CBD from organic hemp grown in Colorado and provides third-party lab test results. One way Zebra CBD stands out is by offering CBD tablets with added active ingredients for specific benefits.
Although not as well-known as leading companies, Zebra is a solid CBD brand with some innovative products.
- Wide product variety
- Innovative CBD tablets
- Full, broad-spectrum, and isolate products
- Third-party testing by reputable lab
- Missing high-potency CBD oil
- Missing some contaminant tests
Table of Contents
Zebra CBD Overview
Zebra CBD is a Californian brand founded in 2019. It offers a comprehensive product lineup, including full-spectrum CBD oils, tablets, topicals, edibles, and pet products.
Like most American companies, it sources CBD from hemp cultivated in Colorado using the two safest, most efficient methods of extraction: ethanol and carbon dioxide (CO2).
Zebra CBD posts third-party lab test results with lot codes on its website, so you can confirm that its products are accurate and safe.
- Hemp: cannabis variety with high CBD and low THC levels (no more than 0.3%).
- Terpenes: aromatic plant compounds with various beneficial properties (1).
- Minor cannabinoids: CBN, CBG, CBC, and other beneficial cannabinoids found in smaller amounts in hemp. They may work in synergy with CBD.
- Full-spectrum: whole-plant hemp extract containing multiple cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids. This form of CBD is about four times more potent than pure CBD (2).
- Broad-spectrum: whole-plant hemp extract similar to full-spectrum CBD, but with THC removed (may contain trace amounts).
- CBD isolate: pure CBD without any other hemp compounds.
Zebra CBD Product Lineup
Zebra CBD offers many different types of CBD products, including oils, tablets, edibles, topicals, and pet products.
These products are made with all three types of CBD: full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and isolate. Here’s a closer look at Zebra CBD’s offerings.
|Cost per mg CBD
This standard full-spectrum CBD oil comes in two strengths and natural and mint flavors. Unfortunately, the minor cannabinoid levels are a bit low at only about 5%. I’d also like to see a third strength option above 80 mg/ml.
|Cost per mg
Zebra CBD’s chewable tablets contain 25 mg of full-spectrum CBD mixed with other supplement ingredients meant for specific benefits. These innovative tablets come in five formulas:
- Health & Vitality: just CBD
- Sleep Support: with l-theanine, valerian, chamomile, and melatonin
- Mood & Calm: with lemon balm, St. John’s Wort, and passionflower
- Joint & Muscle: with astaxanthin, vitamin D, boswellia, ginger, and turmeric
- Tension & Stress: with GABA, L-theanine, and magnesium
While I like the innovative formulas, the minor cannabinoid levels are rather low.
Zebra CBD offers two types of edible products: gummies and mints.
|Cost per mg
Zebra’s vegan gummies come in three formulas:
- Regular gummies: 25 mg CBD in assorted cherry lime, watermelon lemonade and lemon flavors
- Sleep support gummies: 25 mg CBD + 5 mg of sleepy cannabinoid CBN plus melatonin in lime flavor
- Mood & calm gummies: 25 mg CBD with added lemon balm and l-theanine for relaxation, in black raspberry lemonade flavor
The minor cannabinoid levels are decent as well (~8%) which is great to see.
CBD Peppermint Mints
|Cost per mg CBD
These innovative peppermint mints carry 20 mg of full-spectrum CBD each with 30 per container. But I’d like to see higher minor cannabinoid levels, as the latest tests show only ~4%.
|Cost per mg CBD
Zebra CBD offers three full-spectrum topical products:
- A CBD balm for muscles & joints
- A CBD rub with added menthol
- A CBD roll-on
All three of these topicals are designed to ease aches and pains, which is a bit overkill. I’d like one to be switched into a formula for skin health. Zebra should also add a higher strength option (like 1000 mg or higher). But the minor cannabinoid levels look good (over 10%).
Dog CBD Products
CBD Oil for Dogs
|Cost per mg CBD
This broad-spectrum CBD oil contains 600 mg of CBD (20 mg/ml). Thanks to being free of THC and weaker than its human counterpart, this is a solid product for your four-legged companion, as dogs are more sensitive to THC than we are (3).
Having said that, the minor cannabinoid levels are quite low at ~3%. Also, I’d like to see an additional strength for larger dog breeds.
CBD Chews for Dogs
|Cost per mg CBD
These chews provide 10 mg of broad-spectrum CBD, with 60 pieces per bag. There are two formulas:
- Joint and hip, which contain ingredients meant to support healthy joints, such as boswellia, green-lipped mussel, and hydrolyzed collagen.
- Calm and stress, which contains popular anti-stress ingredients, including ashwagandha, l-theanine, chamomile, zinc, and magnesium.
Price & Value
The easiest way to compare the value of CBD products is to divide the total cost by the amount of CBD. For example, if you have a 1500 mg CBD oil that costs $100, its price per milligram (mg) of CBD would be 100/1500 = $0.07.
You also have to consider that the prices vary by product type. For Zebra CBD, we get the following prices:
- $0.06-0.07 per mg of CBD for CBD oil, tablets, and gummies
- $0.10–0.25 for topicals
- $0.06–0.08 for pet products
These prices are considered close to or a bit cheaper than average. You can also save an additional 10% by subscribing to monthly deliveries or 15-20% off by products in bulk (2-4 at once). All in all, the value is a bit above average.
Hemp Source and Production Process
Zebra CBD gets its CBD from hemp plants cultivated in Colorado, the state with the most developed hemp industry in the country.
These raw plants are extracted with carbon dioxide (CO2) or ethanol, the two safest, most popular methods of CBD extraction, to create either full-spectrum extracts or pure CBD.
Zebra CBD sends its products for comprehensive third-party testing to SC Labs (formerly known as Botanacor) one of the most reputable cannabis testing labs in the country.
These tests check whether the products contain the right amount of CBD and other cannabinoids, and are free of heavy metals, pesticides, and other contaminants.
You can easily look up the test results on Zebra CBD’s website. They also come with lot numbers, so you can match the lot of your product to a specific Certificate of Analysis (CoA).
Third-Party Test Results
I always look at third-party lab test results to confirm that CBD companies sell safe, accurate, and effective products. Specifically, I check for:
- The levels of CBD, which should be within 10% of the label (4)
- The levels of minor cannabinoids like CBG and CBC
- The levels of THC
- Whether the CBD type (full, broad-spectrum, or isolate) is accurate
- Whether there are any contaminants
Most of the third-party test reports I looked up confirmed that Zebra CBD’s products contain as much or slightly more CBD than advertised.
For example, this test of the company’s full-spectrum CBD oil show that it contains 782.5 mg of CBD, which is only 4% more than the advertised amount of 750 mg.
These tests also confirm that this tincture is made with full-spectrum hemp extract since we can see several other cannabinoids aside from CBD.
All in all, Zebra CBD’s third-party tests show good results and are fairly up-to-date. However, the levels of minor cannabinoids are low (below 10%) in most products. Also, many products are missing some types of contaminant tests, like residual solvents.
Shipping & Returns
Zebra CBD ships throughout the United States, with an estimated 3-day delivery time. Shipping is free for orders over $50. The company also offers a 90-day money-back guarantee on your first order, so you can return the item within this time window.
Customer Service & Reputation
Zebra CBD has over 4,000 satisfied customer reviews posted on its website. The reviews suggest that the products work and that there aren’t any major problems with shipping, returns, or other customer service issues.
Although I couldn’t find many customer reviews of Zebra CBD outside of its website, I did find this one post about its topical roll-on:
All in all, it seems like Zebra has a solid reputation with its customers, even if it is a relatively small brand.
My Verdict: Promising Boutique CBD Brand
Overall, Zebra CBD is a solid CBD vendor. It offers many types of CBD products at reasonable prices and is transparent about its process.
I especially like the idea behind its CBD tablets, which contain additional active ingredients backed by research evidence to provide specific benefits. Another great sign is that Zebra CBD provides third-party test reports done by a highly reputable lab.
But the company needs to be more comprehensive with its testing and improve the levels of minor cannabinoids in its products. I’d also like to see it add a stronger CBD oil (80 mg/ml or higher) and CBD capsules.
Gleb is a freelance writer from Vancouver, Canada specializing in CBD and cannabis. He’s read thousands of studies on CBD and other supplements, helping him translate complex science into plain language. Gleb has tried and reviewed dozens of CBD brands and products, written third-party testing reports, and knows the CBD industry inside and out. When not writing, he likes to kickbox, travel, and tell everyone how awesome intermittent fasting is.