California’s Zebra CBD is a relatively new brand offering CBD oil, tablets, gummies, topicals, and other products at affordable, below-market prices.
Like most companies, it sources CBD from organic hemp grown in Colorado and posts detailed third-party lab tests so that customers can verify their safety and effectiveness.
One way Zebra CBD stands out is by offering CBD tablets blended with additional evidence-based ingredients meant to help with specific concerns, like sleep and stress.
Bottom line: Zebra CBD is a solid company with a few innovative products, although it’s not as reputable as leading CBD brands.
- Multiple CBD product types
- Innovative CBD tablets
- Full-spectrum and CBD isolate options available
- Comprehensive, up-to-date third-party testing
- Below-average prices
- Few potency options
- Lacks broad-spectrum products
- Lacks capsules and vape products
Product Lineup 3/5
Zebra CBD has a fairly diverse product lineup but the company loses points for not offering multiple potency options, especially for its CBD oil. It’s also missing CBD capsules and vape products.
Hemp Quality 4/5
Like many American CBD brands, Zebra uses organic hemp sourced from Colorado. However, they lose a point for not having USDA organic certification for their hemp — the gold standard of agricultural quality.
Third-Party Testing 4/5
Zebra CBD posts detailed, up-to-date third-party lab test results for potency and contaminants. However, it’s missing a couple of small things for a perfect score, like tests for residual solvents.
The company’s price point is below the market average for different CBD products, which makes it an affordable option.
Customer Service & Reputation 4/5
Given its young age, Zebra CBD has yet to establish itself as a reputable brand. Having said that, the company has many satisfied customer reviews.
Total ☆☆☆☆ 3.8/5
Table of Contents
About the Company: Zebra CBD
Zebra CBD is a Californian brand founded in 2019. It offers a comprehensive product lineup, including full-spectrum CBD oils, tablets, topicals, edibles, and beauty products.
Like most American companies, it sources CBD from hemp cultivated in Colorado using the two safest, most efficient methods of extraction: ethanol and carbon dioxide (CO2).
Zebra CBD also posts detailed third-party lab test results with lot codes on its website, so you can confirm that their products are accurate and safe.
- Terpenes: plant compounds with a wide variety of beneficial properties.
- Minor cannabinoids: CBN, CBC, and other beneficial cannabinoids that are present in smaller amounts than CBD.
- Hemp: a non-intoxicating variety of cannabis with low THC levels (0.3% or less).
- Full-spectrum: whole-plant hemp extract containing CBD, THC, and other beneficial hemp cannabinoids and terpenes. This is considered the most effective form of CBD.
- Broad-spectrum: whole-plant hemp extract similar to full-spectrum CBD, but with THC removed.
- CBD isolate: pure CBD with all other hemp compounds removed.
Zebra CBD Product Lineup
Zebra CBD offers most types of CBD products, except for capsules and vape e-liquids.
Most of these products contain pure CBD, although the CBD oil and muscle run are made with full-spectrum hemp extract.
Here’s a closer look at Zebra CBD’s offerings:
- CBD Oil: Full-spectrum CBD oil with a potency of 25 mg/ml and 750 mg of CBD total per 30 ml bottle. Contains coconut MCT oil and comes in natural and mint flavors.
- Tablets: Chewable tablets containing 25 mg of pure CBD mixed with other supplement ingredients meant for specific benefits. These innovative tablets come in 6 formulas: Health & Vitality (pure CBD), Sleep Support with valerian, chamomile, and melatonin; Mood & Calm with lemon balm, St. John’s Wort, and passionflower; Joint & Muscle with vitamin D, boswellia, and turmeric; Blood Pressure with hawthorn, CoQ10, and Garlic; Tension & Stress with GABA, L-theanine, and magnesium.
- Edibles: Vegan 25 mg CBD gummies with 30 pieces per container and mixed fruit flavors; 20 mg CBD mints with 30 pieces; and 30 mg CBD energy shots with caffeine and B vitamins.
- Topicals: CBD muscle rub, balm, and roll-on formulated with full-spectrum or pure CBD and other topical ingredients such as peppermint oil.
- Beauty Products: Moisturizing cream with 300 mg of pure CBD in a 4 oz (118 ml) jar. Formulated with multiple plant oils, including jojoba, hemp seed, and safflower seed oil.
Zebra CBD CBD Product Details
|Product Name||CBD Potency||Volume or Count||Total CBD||Cost per mg CBD||Flavor or Formula|
|Zebra CBD Full Spectrum CBD Oil||25 mg/ml (medium)||30 ml||750 mg||$0.07||Natural, mint (full-spectrum CBD)|
|Zebra CBD Chewable Tablets||25 mg (medium)||30||750 mg||$0.07||Sleep support, mood & calm, health & vitality, joint & muscle, blood pressure, tension & stress.|
|Zebra CBD Gummies||25 mg (medium)||30||750 mg||$0.07||Mixed fruit flavors|
|Zebra CBD Mints||20 mg (medium)||30||500 mg||$0.10||Peppermint|
|Zebra CBD Energy Shot||30 mg (medium)||6 bottles||180 mg||$0.17||Caffeine & B Vitamins|
|Zebra CBD Balm||3.33 mg/ml (low)||2 oz (~60 ml)||200 mg||$0.25||Essential & other plant oils|
|Zebra CBD Rub||16.7 mg/ml (medium)||1 oz (~30 ml)||500 mg||$0.10||Full-spectrum CBD with menthol and other ingredients|
|Zebra CBD Roll-On||30 mg/ml (medium)||10 ml||300 mg||$0.08||Peppermint & other plant oils|
|Zebra CBD Moisturizing Cream||2.5 mg/ml (low)||4 oz (~118 ml)||300 mg||$0.17||Essential & other plant oils|
The best way to figure out the value of CBD products is to look at the cost per one milligram (mg) of CBD. For Zebra CBD, we get the following:
- $0.07 per mg for CBD oil, tablets, and gummies
- $0.10–0.17 for other edibles and drinks
- $0.10–0.25 for topicals
These prices are considered below-average for these types of CBD products, so you’re getting a fairly good deal. For example, the average price per mg of CBD oil is $0.08–0.12.
Having said that, you can find cheaper brands with a better reputation and higher quality, such as Lazarus Naturals.
Hemp Source and Extraction Process
Like most brands, Zebra CBD uses a high-quality hemp source and manufacturing process to make its products.
The company gets its CBD from organic hemp plants cultivated in Colorado, the state with the most developed hemp industry in the country.
These raw plants are extracted with carbon dioxide (CO2) or ethanol, the two safest, most popular methods of CBD extraction, to create either full-spectrum extracts or pure CBD.
Zebra CBD sends its products for comprehensive third-party testing to Botanacor, one of the most reputable cannabis testing labs in the country.
These tests check whether the products contain the right amount of CBD and other cannabinoids, and are free of heavy metals, pesticides, and other contaminants.
You can easily look up the test results on Zebra CBD’s website. They also come with lot numbers, so you can match the lot of your product to a specific Certificate of Analysis (CoA).
Most of the third-party test reports we looked up confirmed that Zebra CBD’s products contain as much or slightly more CBD than advertised.
For example, tests for the latest batch of the company’s full-spectrum CBD oil show that it contains 782.5 mg of CBD, which is 32 mg more than the advertised amount of 750 mg, which is a good result.
These tests also confirm that this tincture is made with full-spectrum hemp extract since we can see several other cannabinoids aside from CBD.
All in all, Zebra CBD’s third-party test results are good and up-to-date, confirming that you’re getting accurate, effective CBD products.
Shipping & Returns
Zebra CBD ships throughout the United States, with an estimated 3-day delivery time. Shipping is free for orders over $50.
The company also offers a 90-day money-back guarantee on your first order, so you can return the item within this time window. You can contact Zebra CBD by phone or email.
Customer Service & Reputation
Zebra CBD has hundreds of satisfied customer reviews posted on its website. The reviews suggest that the products work and that there aren’t any major problems with shipping, returns, or other customer service issues.
Although we couldn’t find many customer reviews of Zebra CBD outside of its website, we did find this one post about its topical roll-on:
All in all, it seems like Zebra has a solid reputation with its customers.
Our Verdict: A Solid Brand With Room to Improve
Overall, Zebra CBD is a fairly good brand.
It offers many types of CBD products at below-market prices and is transparent about its manufacturing process, which uses an organic Colorado hemp source and high-quality extraction methods.
We also like the idea behind its CBD tablets, which contain additional active ingredients backed by research evidence to provide specific benefits, like improving sleep or relieving stress.
Another good sign is that Zebra CBD provides up-to-date third-party test reports done by Botanacor, one of Colorado’s leading cannabis testing labs.
The biggest way the company can improve is by offering more potency options, particularly for its CBD oil. As it stands, a strength of 25 mg/ml is too weak for many people.
It would also be nice if the company offered standard CBD capsules in addition to tablets, and included a full-spectrum version.
Zebra CBD certainly has room to improve but it gets our recommendation.