Have a question about CBD isolate but can’t find an answer? We’re here to help. Here are answers to some of the most common (and less frequent) questions about CBD isolate.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is CBD isolate?
- 2 Where does CBD isolate come from?
- 3 How is CBD isolate made?
- 4 How do you use CBD isolate?
- 5 Can CBD isolate make you high?
- 6 Can CBD isolate be full-spectrum?
- 7 What’s the best way to store CBD isolate?
- 8 Can CBD isolate go bad?
- 9 Can CBD isolate contain THC?
- 10 Does CBD isolate work for anxiety?
- 11 Can CBD isolate test positive for THC?
- 12 What is CBD isolate oil?
- 13 Where can I buy CBD isolate oil?
- 14 Can CBD isolate be eaten?
- 15 Can CBD isolate be vaped?
- 16 How much CBD isolate should I vape?
- 17 How much CBD isolate should I use to make my CBD oil or vape juice?
- 18 Can CBD isolate be added to vape juice?
- 19 Can CBD isolate be used topically?
- 20 Why can CBD isolate be better than other forms of CBD?
- 21 How much does pure CBD isolate cost?
What is CBD isolate?
CBD isolate is pure CBD. It comes in the form of a white, crystalline powder that typically contains over 99% CBD and no other compounds.
Where does CBD isolate come from?
CBD isolate usually comes from the crude oil that’s been extracted from hemp and refined to remove all other compounds.
How is CBD isolate made?
CBD isolate is typically made through a multi-step process:
- First, hemp plant material is extracted with carbon dioxide (CO2) or ethanol to isolate CBD. The resulting crude hemp oil contains CBD as well as other cannabinoids, terpenes, waxes, and other hemp compounds.
- Next, the extract is winterized to remove unwanted compounds such as lipids and waxes.
- The CBD extract is decarboxylated (heated) to convert CBDA into CBD.
- The extract is distilled to remove chlorophyll and separate CBD from other cannabinoids.
- The extract is mixed with a solvent and heated and cooled to leave behind pure, white, solid CBD isolate crystals.
- The isolate is washed and purged to remove all remaining traces of solvents, leaving behind 99% pure CBD.
How do you use CBD isolate?
CBD isolate is the most versatile way to use CBD, so you can use it almost any way imaginable. You can put it under your tongue like CBD oil and hold it for at least 60 seconds, add it to drinks such as coffee or tea, sprinkle it into foods, dab it, or use it to create your own DIY CBD oils, capsules, vape juice, edibles, or something else. You can even mix it with oil and apply it topically.
Can CBD isolate make you high?
No, CBD isolate cannot make you high because it’s completely free of THC, which is the main mind-altering ingredient in cannabis.
Can CBD isolate be full-spectrum?
No. By definition, CBD isolate is 99% pure CBD without any other compounds. However, you can add other cannabinoids, terpenes, and other hemp compounds to CBD isolate to create a full-spectrum extract.
What’s the best way to store CBD isolate?
Like any CBD product, CBD isolate should be stored in a cool, dark, dry place away from heat and humidity, such as your fridge or a cabinet in a part of the house that doesn’t get much heat.
Can CBD isolate go bad?
Considering that CBD oil is known to have a shelf life of about a year, we can expect CBD isolate to last even longer because it doesn’t contain any liquids and has only one ingredient.
Assuming you store it properly CBD isolate will not go bad for a few years. Having said that, it may begin to slowly lose its potency over time, but this typically takes years.
Can CBD isolate contain THC?
No, by definition, CBD isolate is free of THC.
Does CBD isolate work for anxiety?
Yes, CBD isolate can relieve anxiety. This has been proven by multiple scientific studies where pure CBD decreased anxiety in study participants. Having said that, it won’t be as effective as a full-spectrum CBD product because of the entourage effect synergy.
Can CBD isolate test positive for THC?
No, CBD isolate contains zero THC.
What is CBD isolate oil?
CBD isolate oil is a tincture that contains pure CBD dissolved in a carrier oil, such as MCT oil, olive oil, or hemp seed oil.
Where can I buy CBD isolate oil?
Many companies offer both CBD isolate and full-spectrum oils, so they’re easy to find online and in physical shops. Just be sure to confirm that the oil contains CBD isolate by reading the product description, label, and checking the third-party lab test results.
Can CBD isolate be eaten?
Yes, you can eat CBD isolate either by itself or by adding it into foods or beverages. CBD isolate is perfectly safe to ingest and you’re unlikely to experience side effects unless you take a large dose (100 mg or more).
Can CBD isolate be vaped?
Yes, you can vape CBD isolate when it’s formulated into an e-liquid. These typically contain a standard base of vegetable glycerin (VG) and propylene glycol (PG). You can also dab pure CBD isolate directly.
How much CBD isolate should I vape?
This depends entirely on your CBD dosage preferences and the potency (CBD concentration) of the vape juice you’re using. If you’re new to CBD, start by taking a puff, and then gradually increase the number of puffs until you start to notice an effect. You can stick to this amount to have your CBD juice last you the longest time.
How much CBD isolate should I use to make my CBD oil or vape juice?
Again, this depends on how strong you want the juice or oil to be. However, a good starting point is 500 mg of pure CBD isolate mixed in a 30 ml bottle, which will give you a medium potency of 500/30 = 16.7 mg/ml. Keep in mind that the smaller your bottle, the stronger the juice or oil will be. For reference, a CBD concentration of 40 mg or higher per ml is considered high.
Can CBD isolate be added to vape juice?
Yes, but it can be difficult to dissolve depending on what your vape juice contains. CBD isolate dissolves well in PG, but not in VG. If you want to add it to your juice, start by dissolving it in PG and then adding a smaller amount of VG. If your juice contains too much VG, then the CBD won’t mix well and can recrystallize (turn back into its solid form).
Can CBD isolate be used topically?
Absolutely, but you have to dissolve it in topical skincare ingredients first. The best and easiest option is to mix CBD isolate with coconut oil. CBD is a fat-soluble substance so you can mix it with any other oil as well. If it doesn’t mix well, you can slightly heat the oil. You can then apply it topically in the desired area to enjoy localized relief. You can also add more ingredients if desired.
Why can CBD isolate be better than other forms of CBD?
CBD isolate can be ideal for you if you want to make your own CBD preparations or add CBD directly into your foods or drinks, like your morning coffee. It’s also a good option for people who wish to completely avoid THC, although broad-spectrum hemp extract would be more effective.
How much does pure CBD isolate cost?
Prices for pure CBD isolate can vary from as little as $3 per gram to as high as $60 per gram, depending on the specific company and the amount you’re buying (buying more CBD in bulk typically costs less per gram).